How to Participate
To participate in the Hospital OQR Program initiative, please visit qualitynet.org.
How to Withdraw
To withdraw from participation in the Hospital OQR Program initiative, please visit qualitynet.org.
The current measure sets and OP measure numbers are presented below, according to measure set (they are not in order according to measure number).
- Acute Myocardial Infarction / Chest Pain
- OP-1: Median Time to Fibrinolysis
- OP-2: Fibrinolytic Therapy Received Within 30 Minutes of ED arrival
- OP-3: Median Time to Transfer to Another Facility for Acute Coronary Intervention
- OP-4: Aspirin at Arrival
- OP-5: Median Time to ECG
- ED – Throughput
- OP-18: Median Time from ED Arrival to ED Departure for Discharged ED Patients
- OP-20: Door to Diagnostic Evaluation by a Qualified Medical Professional
- OP-22: Left Without Being Seen
- Pain Management
- OP-21: Median Time to Pain Management for Long Bone Fracture
- OP-23: Head CT or MRI Scan Results for Acute Ischemic Stroke or Hemorrhagic Stroke Patients who Received Head CT or MRI Scan Interpretation Within 45 minutes of ED Arrival
- Imaging Efficiency
- OP-8: MRI Lumbar Spine for Low Back Pain
- OP-9: Mammography Follow-up Rates
- OP-10: Abdomen CT-Use of Contrast Material
- OP-11: Thorax CT-Use of Contrast Material
- OP-13: Cardiac Imaging for Preoperative Risk Assessment for Non Cardiac Low Risk Surgery
- OP-14: Simultaneous Use of Brain Computed Tomography (CT) and Sinus Computed Tomography (CT)
- Measures Submitted via a Web-Based Tool
- OP-12: The Ability for Providers with HIT to Receive Laboratory Data Electronically Directly into their ONC-Certified EHR System as Discrete Searchable Data
- OP-17: Tracking Clinical Results between Visits
- OP-25: Safe Surgery Checklist Use
- OP-26: Hospital Outpatient Volume on Selected Outpatient Surgical Procedures *
- OP-27: Influenza Vaccination Coverage among Healthcare Personnel **
- OP-29: Appropriate Follow-up Interval for Normal Colonoscopy in Average Risk Patients
- OP-30: Colonoscopy Interval for Patients with a History of Adenomatous Polyps – Avoidance of Inappropriate Use
- OP-31: Cataracts – Improvement in Patient’s Visual Function within 90 days Following Cataract Surgery †
- OP-33: External Beam Radiotherapy for Bone Metastases
- Outcome Measures
- OP-32: Facility 7-Day Risk-Standardized Hospital Visit Rate after Outpatient Colonoscopy ††
* For Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS) codes affected, see QualityNet.
** Submitted via the National Healthcare Safety Network.
† Hospitals may voluntarily submit data in calendar year (CY) 2016 but will not be subject to a payment reduction with respect to this measure during the voluntary reporting period.
†† Finalized for the CY 2018 payment determination and subsequent years.
For more information on the chart-abstracted and web-based (structural) measures, please refer to Section 1 of the Hospital OQR Program Specifications Manual. Further information on the Imaging Efficiency Measures specifications is available at QualityNet – Imaging Measures.
Voluntary Reporting of Hospital OQR Program Data for Non-OPPS Hospitals
Critical Access Hospitals (CAHs) and other non-OPPS hospitals may voluntarily submit data. The program provides a unique opportunity for hospitals to report outpatient quality data as a means to improve quality of care and performance. The registration for non-OPPS hospitals is the same as it is for OPPS hospitals. For more information on how to register, please visit QualityNet: How to participate.
Hospitals that decide to participate agree to the same reporting requirements as the OPPS hospitals.
More information on data reporting may be found at https://www.qualitynet.org/ under the Hospitals-Outpatient tab.
Below are important upcoming deadlines associated with the Hospital OQR Program reporting program. Click the following links to download the Hospital OQR Important Dates as a PDF for CY 2018.
|Hospital OQR Important Dates|
Payment Determination CY 2018
|Clinical Data Submission||Encounter Dates||Encounter Quarter|
|Nov. 1, 2016||April 1 – June 30, 2016||Q2 2016|
|Feb. 1, 2017||Jul 1– Sept. 30, 2016||Q3 2016|
|May 1, 2017||Oct. 1– Dec. 31, 2016||Q4 2016|
|Aug. 1, 2017||Jan. 1 – March 31, 2017||Q1 2017|
|Population and Sampling||Encounter Dates||Encounter Quarter|
|Nov. 1, 2016*||April 1 – June 30, 2016||Q2 2016|
|Feb. 1, 2017*||Jul 1– Sept. 30, 2016||Q3 2016|
|May 1, 2017*||Oct. 1– Dec. 31, 2016||Q4 2016|
|Aug. 1, 2017*||Jan. 1 – March 31, 2017||Q1 2017|
|Scheduled Clinical Data Abstraction Center (CDAC) Record Requests (approximate)||Encounter Dates||Encounter Quarter|
|Sept. 2016||Jan. 1 – March 31, 2016||Q1 2016|
|Dec. 2016||April 1 – June 30, 2016||Q2 2016|
|Mar. 2017||July 1 – Sep 30, 2016||Q3 2016|
|Jun. 2017||Oct. 1 – Dec 31, 2016||Q4 2016|
|Web-Based Measures – QualityNet||Encounter Dates||Submission Dates|
|OP-12||Jan. 1–Dec. 31, 2016||Jan. 1 – May 15, 2017|
|OP-17||Jan. 1–Dec. 31, 2016||Jan. 1 – May 15, 2017|
|OP-22||Jan. 1–Dec. 31, 2016||Jan. 1 – May 15, 2017|
|OP-25||Jan. 1–Dec. 31, 2016||Jan. 1 – May 15, 2017|
|OP-26||Jan. 1–Dec. 31, 2016||Jan. 1 – May 15, 2017|
|OP-29||Jan. 1–Dec. 31, 2016||Jan. 1 – May 15, 2017|
|OP-30||Jan. 1–Dec. 31, 2016||Jan. 1 – May 15, 2017|
|OP-31**||Jan. 1–Dec. 31, 2016||Jan. 1 – May 15, 2017|
|OP-33||Jan. 1–Dec. 31, 2016||Jan. 1 – May 15, 2017|
|Web-Based Measure – National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN)||Encounter Dates||Submission Dates|
|OP-27||Oct. 1, 2016 – March 31, 2017||Oct. 1, 2016 – May 15, 2017|
* Submission of Population and Sampling is voluntary.
** Hospitals may voluntarily submit data but will not be subject to a payment reduction for this measure.
|Outpatient Prospective Payment System (OPPS) Payment Update–Applicable Quarters|
|Clinical Data Submission||Encounter Dates||Encounter Quarter|
|Calendar Year 2018||Data Submission||Validation Results|
|Calendar Year 2018||Q2 2016, Q3 2016, Q4 2016, Q1 2017||Q1 2016, Q2 2016, Q3 2016, Q4 2016|
|Calendar Year 2019||Data Submission||Validation Results|
|Calendar Year 2019||Q2 2017, Q3 2017, Q4 2017, Q1 2018||Q1 2017, Q2 2017, Q3 2017, Q4 2017|
Please Note: Dates are subject to change. Please verify Population & Sampling and Data Submission Deadlines on the QualityNet website.